An applicant desiring to pursue this program must first meet the admission requirements of the Office of Graduate Studies and then be admitted to the department.
Department Admission Requirements:
- Completion of Level I and Level II preparation requirements for administrative endorsement as principal or supervisor
- A 3.2 GPA or above on all graduate work
The professional certificate for school administration and supervision may be endorsed for the position of school superintendent when the following conditions have been met:
- Two years full-time experience in a school administrative position
- Completion of a minimum of sixty (60) semester hours graduate credit above the bachelors degree in an approved certification program(s) including the following required courses listed:
- EdAd 639 The Superintendency
- EdAd 649 School System Administration
- EdAd 659 Strategic Planning in Education
- EdAd * 598 Field Based Experience in Educational Administration - Superintendency
*: EdAd 598 - Candidates should enroll concurrently with the first required course taken and will continue working concurrently with all three required courses. Students only register once for EdAd 598. Students will receive an "IP" grade for EdAd 598 until all requirements are met and the other three required courses are completed. All work should normally be completed within one year but must be completed within a maximum of two years. Possession of this guide sheet does not imply a contract between the student and the University. Students in Educational Administration programs must have an approved program on file to insure certification. Questions regarding these requirements should be addressed to the student's advisor at 270-745-4890.
For certification information, see: Teacher Certification