1. Complete a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
2. Complete an application for admission here.
3. Submit official transcripts to The Graduate School at WKU
4. Complete the Graduate Record Exam (GRE)
MPA Admission Requirements
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university;
- GRE Scores must be on file, see The Graduate School for GAP score requirements;
-It is highly recommended that all applicants for the MPA program submit:
- A current resume and a current job description, if employed;
- Three letters of recommendation including at least one academic reference;
- A written statement of approximately 1,000 words addressing how an MPA degree will enhance your career expectations.
-Please submit the aforementioned materials to the MPA Program Director.
International Students: Evidence of ability to communicate in English (a minimum of 500 on the written TOEFL, a minimum of 213 on the computerized TOEFL, a minimum of 79 on the internet TOEFL, or a minimum of 6.5 on the IELTS).
Fall Semester: June 15
Spring Semester: November 15
Summer Sessions: March 30
Winter Term: November 1
Graduate assistantships, as well as other forms of financial aid, are available to qualified applicants. Graduate assistants are required to work approximately 20 hours per week in the department during the academic semester. In this position, graduate students may assist department staff and faculty members in research, teaching, and service functions. Students interested in being an assistant are encouraged to contact the Director of the MPA Program.
WKU Important Links:
Click here for a PDF version of the MPA Handbook
MPA Alumni Survey: