All applicants are encouraged to take the GRE. However, full admission will be granted to applicants who fulfill one of the following three conditions:
- GAP score of 2200 (current requirement)
- GRE of at least 1000
- Cumulative GPA from U.S. accredited university of at least a 3.2 on a 4.0 scale
- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution or its equivalent
- Have at least an undergraduate minor in health, or adequate previous education in the sciences basic to health
- A GAP Score (product of applicant's Undergrad GPA and the GRE General Test score) of 2200
- A recommended minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) exam; a minimum score of 500 on the written TOEFL, a minimum of 213 on the computerized TOEFL, or a minimum of 79 on the internet-based TOEFL (IBL)
- The Graduate Record Exam (GRE) with a minimum Total GRE Score of 1000 (additional guidelines for verbal, math, and analytical writing scores will be applied during departmental review)
Additional Requirements for US and International Students (Mailed to Office of Graduate Studies after completing application)
- Undergraduate Transcript
- Personal statement letter
- Two letters of recommendation
For information about deadlines for application, please visit the Office of Graduate Studies website.
Admission Requirements for Executive MHA Program
To qualify for the MHA Executive Program, applicants must have at least 5 years of work experience in the field. Health care executives, physicians and other health care professionals with at least five years of work experience who otherwise meets university graduate admission criteria for the MHA Executive program are not required to take the Graduate Record Exam.
If the MHA Executive program applicant has less than five years of experience, the applicant must show evidence of exceptional achievement within the health care field. Interviews shall be conducted on a case-by-case basis in the admission decision of health care professionals with less than five years of work experience.
Applicants who have limited prior academic background in basic accounting and health economics are required to demonstrate proficiency in BA 501 (Survey of Economic Theory) and BA 505 (Survey of Accounting Principles) OR equivalent courses determined by the advisor.
Only applications that have fulfilled all of the application requirements for the Department of Public Health and the Graduate School will be considered complete.
Part 1) Department of Public Health
In order to seek admission to the MHA Executive Program, the Department of Public Health requires MHA Executive Program applicants to submit:
• Completed and (Electronically) Signed Master of Health Administration Application The application can be submitted electronically by clicking the Submit Form button located on the PDF file.
• Completed Prerequisite Coursework Worksheet
Click these links and attach the pertinent information:
Part 2) Office of Graduate Studies
Upon acceptance to the program, applicants must then submit the following to the Office of Graduate Studies:
- Completed WKU Graduate Studies Application
- Official Copies of undergraduate transcripts.