Requesting Events in Non-Academic Space
Please contact the Campus and Community Event Office at 270.745.2497 or by email. They can help you schedule Chandler Memorial Chapel, Faculty House, Garrett Conference Center, Kentucky Building, Off Campus Space, Outdoor Space & Van Meter
Requesting Events in Academic Space
Everyone that has a WKU Net Id and Password has access to Astra from anywhere across campus. Astra does not work from off campus. Please use the following link to access Astra: http://astra.wku.edu/
- Once your logged in click on the "Event Tab" across the top toolbar.
- When Requesting/Scheduling events in Astra always use the "Event Wizard" - Never use the "Event Request" link.
- Once the "Event Wizard" opens fill out all of the following information on Step 1 "Event Information"; "Event Name", "Event Type", "Description" (if needed), "Est. Attendance", Select your "Customer" & "Customer Contact" from the drop down list, you can add additional contacts if needed. Then, Click "Next" in the top toolbar to proceed.
- Now you should be on Step 2 "Meetings"; Select your "Meeting Type" from the drop down
list (this drives whether or not the event will be listed on the "WKU Campus Event
Calendar"), you can also add a "Description" and/or "Meeting Note" is needed. On
the bottom of this screen you may enter your Meeting Recurrence. First thing you
need to decide is what kind of meeting are you requesting Single Meeting, Recurring
- Single Meeting = Just what it says, one day/time meeting
- Recurring Meeting = A meeting that meets on a recurring pattern (MWF from 8am-8:55am or TR 8am-9:20am)
- Spanning Meeting = This option will block a space from Start date/time to End date/time (24/7).
- Fill in the information as need for the event you're requesting. Once you've selected your days/times then click on the create button in the middle of the page. That will add the event to the right hand side under "Meetings". If you have multiple dates for the same event keep adding day/time until all meetings are listed. This will create multiple lines under the "Meetings" which is fine. Click Next in the top tool bar to proceed.
- Now you should be on Step 3 "Select Rooms"; Filter is on the left hand side to allow
you to narrow your listings down depending on what you want. Feel free to either
select "Building", "Room Type" or "Region".
- Buildings are normal building codes
- Room Types are classrooms, conference rooms, labs, etc.
- Regions are Colleges/Departments
- Once the list has been narrowed down then it's easier to select the space you want on the right hand side of this screen. You select the room by hitting the room number or the word available. Once the space has been selected it will turn the box green and say "Requested". At this point if you need multiple rooms then please pick multiples, if not just select one and then move one. Click "Next" in the top toolbar to proceed.
- Now you should be on Step 4 "Select Resources"; Most of the time your going to by-pass this screen. Resources are things that you can request for "outside events". Please don't select things from this list if your using Academic Space because most of the time the classrooms are already equipped. If your not scheduling an outside event just hit "Next" in the top toolbar to proceed.
- Now your on the last step Step 5 "Finish"; At this point please double check your event and make sure the days/times are listed correctly and that you've requested the right space. Once your sure everything is entered correctly you are done and please hit "Finish" in the top toolbar.
- Once you hit "Finish"; your event has been entered. Please hit send event summary to get an email confirmation of your event request. This will only be an Incomplete confirmation because then schedulers have to approve the use of the space. Whenever the schedulers have approve your event Astra will automatically send you another email saying the event has been scheduled.
If you have additional questions/concerns about requesting an event please contact Jessica Steenbergen @ 270.745.2802 or email me.
Main Campus Contact:
Ms. Jessica Steenbergen
Scheduling Applications Coordinator
Wetherby Admin Building - 220
Phone: (270) 745-2802
Fax: (270) 745-5442
South Campus Contact:
Ms. Stephanie Hooker
South Campus -103
Phone: (270) 780-2556