Become a Member
Candidates must have:
- Completed or be currently enrolled in a 300-level accounting class; candidates who have completed a 300-level accounting class must have a 3.0 or higher GPA in upper-level accounting classes.
- Attained overall cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Declared a major in accounting.
- At least the equivalent of one academic year remaining at the time of becoming a candidate. (The one year requirement was recently instituted by the Constitution of Beta Alpha Psi.)
Candidates and members are required to fulfill the following minimum requirements each semester:
- Five (5) professional events.
- Six (6) hours of service (one BAP hour is 50 minutes, not 60 minutes).
- One (1) social activity.
- When becoming a member, there is a one-time national membership fee of $55 and a candidate fee of $10.
- To remain a member for subsequent semesters, there is a chapter fee of $20 per semester.
For transfer students: The most recent qualifying course must be at the initiating institution or another AACSB accredited institution.
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,