Hill House Applications
The WKU ALIVE Center for Community Partnerships has four Graduate Assistantships for the Hill House available for each fall.
Individuals interested in applying for Hill House graduate assistantships must meet the following guidelines:
1. Applicants must have applied for a graduate program at WKU and admitted before given full consideration for Hill House assistantship.
2. Applicants must have a strong interest in creating and implementing community-based projects and conducting applied research.
3. Applicants must be willing to work with the ALIVE CCP and ICSR, other GAs living in the Hill House, community partners, and their professors/advisor (as well as internship supervisor or thesis committee) in developing a project that is community-based and that is also a scholarly and/or creative activity (discipline specific).
4. Applicants must submit three letters of recommendation. A faculty mentor/edvisor should write at least one of the three letters of recommendation accompanying the Graduate Assistantship Application.
5. Interested applicants must also submit a 4-5 page letter of intent that discusses their motivation and interest in completing a community development project in Bowling Green and the educational value they believe this opportunity will provide. The letter of intent should be submitted to the WKU ALIVE Center for Community Partnerships by May 15th. Letters may be mailed or hand delivered to the ALIVE Center at 1818 31W ByPass, mailed to us at 1906 College Heights Blvd. #21095, Bowling Green, KY 42101, faxed to 270-782-0922, or submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. These graduate assistantships can be awarded a stipend and/or tuition waiver for a period of one year, with the possibility of renewal for a second year. The applicant must submit an application for the continuation of the graduate assistantship for this second year of funding.
7. The graduate students will sign a standard landlord/tenant lease with the homeowner and live and work out of the Hill House located at 741 East 11th Street in downtown Bowling Green. Each student is responsible for paying a reduced rate of $425 for rent including utilities.
8. VERY IMPORTANT: Be sure to write “ALIVE Center” at the top of the graduate assistantship application where it asks, “I hereby make application for a Graduate Assistantship in the Department of.
Please contact Leah Ashwill at 270-782-0082 or at email@example.com for more information.