- Applied Research Centers
- Center for Research & Development (CRD)
- Contact Us
- Student Employment
The Advanced Materials Institute (AMI) coordinates and promotes educational, research and public service activities for various groups in WKU’s Department of Chemistry, other Ogden College of Science and Engineering Departments, and the Applied Research and Technology Program. The AMI is also active conducting third-party testing of materials for regional and national businesses.
The Institute is committed:
- To providing the best educational experiences for WKU students, including opportunities to use state-of-the-art instrumentation in course work and research.
- To providing multidisciplinary approaches to solve industrial problems and for research projects.
- To providing timely, cost effective support for regional and national industries to help solve industrial problems and improve operation efficiency.
- To promoting professional growth of faculty by providing avenues for collaboration with research institutions.
- To providing professional contacts for WKU professors in search of funding for research projects.
Director: Aaron Celestian
- Commercial Testing
- WKU Faculty Research Projects
- Elemental analyzers
- Atomic spectrometers
- Ion chromatograph
- Optical Microscope/Image Analysis System
- Thermogravimetric analyzers
- X-ray Spectrometer
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,