Any WKU student that does not qualify for a retention program may choose to voluntarily participate to receive additional academic support. These students must adhere to the same requirements as other retention program students. Generally, students opt-in to BEP voluntarily to increase their GPA's to qualify for scholarships, fraternities, sororities, departmental program requirements, etc. Other reasons to voluntarily participate include: developing positive study habits, improving time management skills, and increasing overall academic performance.
Students agree to:
- Attend BEP Workshops to plan for the semester and to improve academic skills to make them better students.
- Attend the Majors and Minors Fair on Tuesday, September 16th.
- Complete MAP-Works® Fall Transition Survey.
- Compose a reflection paper detailing the overall BEP experience. This paper is due at the end of the semester before finals week.
- Allow parents/guardians to inquire about their academic progress, grades, attendance, etc.
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,