Larry Alice, Biology
Noah Ashley, Biology
Ken Crawford, Biology
Rajalingam Dakshinamurthy, Chemistry
Cheryl Davis, Biology
Fred DeGraves, Agriculture
Chandrakanth Emani, Biology
Sanju Gupta, Physics
Sigrid Jacobshagen, Biology
Jarrett Johnson, Biology
Moon-Soo Kim, Chemistry
Rodney King, Biology
Jill Maples, Exercise Physiology
Keith Philips, Biology
Nancy Rice, Biology
Claire Rinehart, Biology
Shivendra Sahi, Biology
Bruce Schulte, Biology
Nilesh Sharma, Biology
Cangliang Shen, Biology
Michael Smith, Biology
Ajay Srivastava, Biology
Martin Stone, Agriculture
Kevin Williams, Chemistry
What can I learn from this program?
The skills you develop in the certification program will benefit you in your coursework, make you more competitive for jobs and graduate assistantships upon graduation, and to see firsthand what being a professional scientist is really like.
- Basic laboratory mathematics and how to make solutions properly.
- Instruction in the safe operation of laboratory equipment.
- Laboratory record-keeping.
- Growth and maintenance of microbial cultures.
- Pipetting and Spectrophotometry.
- DNA and Protein isolation and manipulation.
- Skills as a team member working in a research team.
What kind of commitment is required ?
- Attendance to weekly class meetings once per week for 8 weeks as well as additional lab work outside of class time during that 8 weeks.
- Due to the nature of research, at times you may have to stay later than the 4-hour time slot without prior knowledge. This is simply the nature of real research.
- This is not a class in which you are 'taught" all background information. If you have not taken any (or few) college level biology courses, you WILL NEED to spend a considerable amount of time looking up concepts which you have not had previously in a class. You are expected to do some amount of "self study".
How do I apply?
- Complete the Online Application Form by the deadline indicated.