- Work On-Campus Job Fair
- College of Business Job Fair
- Nursing Recruitment Job Fair
- Ogden College S.T.E.M. Job Fair
KHEAA Work Study Program
- Phone: 270-745-3095
Internships are win-win.
"You can't get a job without experience and you can't get experience without a job." Employers need additional help, but can't afford to hire a permanent staff member. Students want a successful collegiate experience that leads them to employment. Internships give the employer temporary, skilled help and students gain career-related experience.
An internship is typically 15 weeks in length with the student working 10-20 hours a week, however the dates and times are negotiable. Employers set a rate of pay, advertise the internship and hire the student. The academic credit and number of work hours required are established by the student and his/her faculty advisor.
Want to create an internship?
- Work with your supervisor and HR department to write an internship position description and determine the rate of pay
- Post the advertisment on TopJobs and The Center for Career and Professional Development will advertise it
- You will review resumes, interview, hire the student intern for a specified time period and sign off on a learning plan
- The student meets with their faculty advisor to arrange credit
- The employer completes an evaluation of the student and the work relationship ends
Offering an unpaid internship?
The U.S. Department of Labor has established six criteria to determine whether interns must be paid the minimum wage:
Please call or email The Center for Career and Professional Development if you need additional information or assistance in creating an internship at your organization. We're here to help.
- Phone: (270) 745-3095
- Email: EmployerRelations@wku.edu
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,