Upcoming Professional Development Opportunities
Best Practices in Mentoring and College Teaching (BPMCT)
The Center for Faculty Development is offering the following workshops as part of the BPMCT Program. These workshops are open to graduate students, instructors, and full-time and part-time faculty. Dates, times, and locations are currently being determined for many of these workshops.
- Reducing Cheating/Plagiarism in your Classes
- Friday, October 24 at 2:3opm (Webniar)
- Easy ADA: Revising Your Course Materials (DL/BPMCT)
- Friday, November 14 at 2:00 in Garrett Conference Center 203
- To register for any BPMCT workshop, simply visit www.wku.edu/pdevents to reserve a spot. In the future, we would like to offer seminars and workshops that are appropriate for the needs of specific departments and/or colleges. If you have an idea for a potential workshop and/or would like to propose putting one together, please let us know by sending us your idea - email@example.com – we'd love to work with you on this.
Office of Sponsored Programs
The OSP seminar series is designed for WKU faculty and staff and is offered during
the fall and spring semesters each year. Campus-wide email announcements will be sent
prior to each seminar. Seating is limited.
** REGISTER HERE: www.wku.edu/pdevents **
Teaching and Learning With Technology
The following workshops are offered through the Office of Distance Learning.
- Webinar: Reducing Cheating and Plagiarism in Your Classes
- Friday, October 24 from 2:30 to 3:30
- Quality Matters Standards 7 and 8
- Tuesday, November 4 from 9:00-10:00
Research Methods and Statistics
- Data Mining using SAS Workshop (Restricted to Faculty for now)
- Wednesday, January 14-16 in Grise Hall 135
*** If you have an event or workshop that is appropriate for the professional development of faculty and/or graduate students, and if you would like to advertise this event on the Center for Faculty Development's Future Events webpage, please contact Jerry Daday by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or phone (270-745-3197). ***
Please use www.wku.edu/pdevents to register for any of the workshops/seminars listed on this page.
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,