Dear CIT Student:
Please be advised that effective Fall Semester 2013, the CIT program at WKU will no longer accept new admits/transfers.
Students who would like to study computer technology should consider the SYSTEMS MANAGEMENT program – with a Professional Concentration in Information Systems. CIS, CIT and CS courses may be used to fulfill the electives in this major. Students transferring with an Associate's degree from a Partner School may apply their coursework to satisfy the electives in the SM Major. Please follow up with a faculty adviser in the department to discuss alternatives and options.
For more information on the SM program please visit http://www.wku.edu/sm/
Transfer (2+2) students who are already admitted and actively enrolled in the CIT major may complete the program over the next couple of semesters (2014). CIT courses will continue to be taught over the coming year to enable timely graduation. Please contact your faculty adviser to work out a schedule of classes that will allow you to graduate.
Note: some students may need to substitute planned electives to those classes being offered.
Thank you for your interest in the Computer Information Technology program.
General Education and WKU Requirements
Students graduating with a bachelors degree must fulfill requirements beyond those called for by their major.
Here are some links that will help you anticipate and plan for these:
- List of classes that transfer from your school to WKU. Click the Sort By GenEd Category
option if you want these organized in that manner (NOTE: 2+2 students, your IT classes
are automatically counted when you are admitted)
- Information about WKU’s transfer process
- Description of WKU’s General Education Requirements
- Online version of the WKU Catalog. Note the Academic Requirements and Regulations section
- List of classes that transfer from your school to WKU. Click the Sort By GenEd Category option if you want these organized in that manner (NOTE: 2+2 students, your IT classes are automatically counted when you are admitted)
You can get more information by contacting our office (M-F 8:30-4:30 CST)
Information Systems Department
Grise Hall #200
Western Kentucky University
1906 College Heights Blvd.
Bowling Green, KY 42101
Telephone: (270) 745-5408
Facsimile: (270) 745-6376