- Prospective Undergraduate Students
- Current Undergraduate Students
- Prospective Graduate Students
- Current Graduate Students
With a focus on Applied Organizational Communication, our mission is to provide graduate students with an engaging, challenging, and rewarding program integrating communication theory, practice, and problem-based research. Our vibrant and active program also includes coursework in interpersonal, health, and intercultural communication, which provides students with a well-rounded academic program. Utilizing foundational works and contemporary studies of communication processes, we prepare students to advance in professional and academic endeavors.
The Master of Arts in Organizational Communication prepares students for a variety of careers and pursuits in which advanced communication study is helpful, especially management, personnel relations, training, sales, marketing, and intercultural communication. While many of our graduates find success in diverse organizational settings we also have a number of students in quality doctoral programs around the country, including the University of Missouri, Ohio University, Kent State, Texas A & M, and Bowling Green State University.
Our faculty are teacher-scholars who conduct current research on:
- Organizational Apologia and Image Repair
- Communication Technology in the Workplace
- Organizational Voice and Dissent Expression
- Communication Processes in Nonprofit Organizations
- Communication in Health Care Organizations
- Pedagogical Communication and Relationships
- Communicating Academic Support
- Family Communication Identity
Western Kentucky University is the fastest--growing university in the Commonwealth, drawing 21,000 students at the undergraduate, master, and doctoral levels. We are located in Bowling Green, a mid-size city with a diverse population that serves as a retail and health care center for the region. We are located approximately 65 miles north of Nashville and 110 miles south of Louisville.
We hope you will consider becoming a part of the Communication graduate program at WKU. For more information check out our website or contact us at:
Kumi Ishii, Ph.D.
Interim Graduate Program Director