The application season for Summer 2017 begins on September 1, 2016.
The application deadline for Summer 2017 has been extended to February 15. Thank you for your interest in WKU!
The Pre-SLP program is a selective acceptance program. This means that not all who apply will be accepted as there are limited seats available. Acceptance to WKU does not indicate acceptance to the Pre-SLP program.
Your application consists of ALL the steps below and ALL materials must be received by the deadline specified. It is the applicant's responsibility to ensure that all materials are received by the Department of Communication Sciences & Disorders and the Office of Admissions prior to the deadline for application. Failure to do so will result in not being considered for admission to the program.
Criteria for Admission
- 3.2 GPA for the last 60 credit hours of college coursework (Only courses with a letter grade will be used. Pass/Fail grades are not included.)
- Completed Bachelor's degree by the time you would begin Pre-SLP courses (courses begin in June).
Steps in Applying for Admission
It is crucial that you follow the step-by-step process detailed below. Doing so will insure your application is correctly processed so you can be considered for acceptance to the PreSLP program. We recommend printing this page first so that you can reference it as you complete the applications.
1. Apply online to WKU:
Go to the application website.
Create a login account through the blue link.
Under degree-seeking, Choose Yes.
Leave the Joint Enrollment question blank.
Fill in your SS number.
Under Application Term, choose Summer 2017.
Fill in remaining information.
Click Fill Out Application.
Click on each of the red links and completely answer all questions.
Make sure to list ALL previous last names on the Name link. If you have multiple last names, separate them with a comma.
Under Category of Study, select Bachelor's degree.
Under Planned Course of Study, select Communication Disorders – Seeking Admission (be careful not to select Communications Studies).
Under Choose a Group, select PRE SLP (Bachelor's Degr Req)
Under Location, select Web (online only)
From there you can fill in your personal information.
2. Follow instructions from WKU to have ALL official transcripts mailed to the Office of Admissions.
Office of Admissions
1906 College Heights Blvd. #11020
Bowling Green, KY 42101-1020
DON'T STOP NOW!
Once the 2 steps above have been completed, you may receive an acceptance letter in the mail from WKU. THIS DOES NOT MEAN YOU ARE ACCEPTED TO THE PRE-SLP PROGRAM! The Pre-SLP program is a selective acceptance program. You must continue to STEP 3 to complete the department application in order to be considered for acceptance by the department.
3. Complete the Communication Sciences & Disorders Department Application.Note: Some students have reported that this application is not compatible with Mac computers. Students have also reported issues with Google Chrome, so please use Internet Explorer or Firefox to complete. This form must be filled in electronically and sent as an attachment to an email. We are no longer accepting mailed applications.
Click the link below for the department application.
Fill out form. Fields in red are required. You MUST fill out all clickable boxes (including Middle/Maiden name).
Save the form to your hard drive or flash drive.
Open the form to verify that your entered information is visible.
Attach your form to an email and send to email@example.com with the subject line "PreSLP Application" by February 15, 2017.
4. All applicants who meet criteria will be ranked after the application deadline, and a selection will be made. You will receive notification of your status (accepted or not accepted) within approximately 6 weeks of the deadline via email. Be sure to include on your application an email address which you will be checking regularly.
5. Once you have been admitted by the department into a cohort, you will receive information regarding registration, your WKU email account, Blackboard training, and enrollment in classes.
Dr. Jo Shackelford (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Pre-SLP Program Coordinator
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,