We are no longer accepting applications for the Summer 2015 cohort. Deadline to apply
was February 3, 2015!
The Pre-SLP program is selective acceptance. This means that not all who apply will be accepted as there are limited seats available.
Your application consists of ALL the steps below and ALL materials must be received by the deadline specified. It is the applicant's responsibility to ensure that all materials are received by the Department of Communication Sciences & Disorders and the Office of Admissions prior to the deadline for application. Failure to do so will result in not being considered for admission to the program.
We will begin accepting applications for the Summer 2015 general online Pre-SLP cohort on September 1, 2014.
ALL application materials must be received by the university no later than February 3, 2015 for the general online Pre-SLP program.
Criteria for Admission
- 3.2 GPA for the last 60 credit hours of college coursework (Only courses with a letter grade will be used. Pass/Fail grades are not included.)
- Completed Bachelor's degree by the time you would begin Pre-SLP courses (courses begin in May).
Steps in Applying for Admission
It is crucial that you follow the step-by-step process detailed below. Doing so will insure your application be correctly filed and then be considered for acceptance to the PreSLP program. We recommend printing this page first so that you can reference it as you complete the applications.
1. Apply online to WKU:
- Go to the application website.
- Create a login account through the blue link.
- Under degree-seeking, Choose Yes.
- Leave the Joint Enrollment question blank.
- Fill in your SS number.
- Click Continue.
- Under Application Term, choose Summer 2015.
- Fill in remaining information.
- Click Fill Out Application.
- Click on each of the red links and completely answer all questions.
- Make sure to list ALL previous last names on the Name link. If you have multiple last names, separate them with a comma.
- Under Planned Course of Study, select Bachelor's degree.
- CRITICAL STEP: Then select Communication Disorders – Seeking Admission (be careful not to select Communications Studies).
- CRITICAL STEP: Then select the appropriate cohort (note there are two options and
you must choose the correct one in order for your department application to be considered
- PRE SLP Program (for all other web applicants)
- DO NOT SELECT Pre SLP for NASDSE.
- Under Location, select Main Campus.
- From there you can fill in your personal information.
2. Follow instructions from WKU to have ALL official transcripts mailed to the Office of Admissions.
Office of Admissions
1906 College Heights Blvd. #11020
Bowling Green, KY 42101-1020
DON'T STOP NOW!
Once the 2 steps above have been completed, you may receive an acceptance letter from WKU. THIS DOES NOT MEAN YOU ARE ACCEPTED TO THE PRE-SLP PROGRAM! The Pre-SLP program is a selective admission program. You must continue to STEP 3 to complete the department application in order to be considered for acceptance by the department.
3. Complete the Communication Sciences & Disorders Department Application.Note: Some students have reported that this application is not compatible with Mac computers. Students have also reported issues with Google Chrome, so please use Internet Explorer or Firefox to complete. This form must be filled in electronically and sent as an attachment to an email. We are no longer accepting mailed applications.
- Click the appropriate link below for the department application you need.
- Fill out form. Fields in red are required. You MUST fill out all clickable boxes (including Middle/Maiden name).
- Save the form to your hard drive or flash drive.
- Open the form to verify that your entered information is visible.
- Attach your form to an email and send to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "PreSLP Application" by February 3, 2015.
- Choose the appropriate Application Form below to complete:
5. Once you have been admitted by the department into a cohort, you will receive information regarding registration, your WKU email account, Blackboard training, and enrollment in classes.
Dr. Jo Shackelford, contact for general web (email@example.com)
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,