Courses for Management & Supervisory Training:
One 2-Hour Session
Native white males are predicted to make up between 8 and 15% of the new entrants to the work force by the turn of the century. Employees already differ in age, sexual orientation, physical ability, religion, and the functions they fill in the company. The failure to manage diverse employees results in lawsuits, turnover, and lowered productivity. This workshop goes beyond a legal understanding of fair supervisory practices to assist in building a culture that maximizes the potential of diversity.
The participant will learn: (1) how to define workforce diversity, (2) the benefits of diversity for teams, (3) the benefits of diversity in team problem solving and improvements.
- Audit: Determining your organization’s diversity needs
- Simulation: Finding how employees view each other
- Examine the relationship among motivation, values, and diversity
- Briefly review the similarities and differences among affirmative action, equal employment opportunity, multi-cultural education, and diversity awareness
- Practice techniques to recognize and handle backlash and reverse discrimination
Who Should Attend
This seminar is intended for mid to upper level management, supervisors, supervisory trainees, and team leaders.