Courses for Management & Supervisory Training:
One 3-Hour Session
Studies have shown that the average American worker wastes approximately 32 percent of his/her time on the job and wasted time reduces productivity. In addition, incorrect use of time reduces a supervisor’s effectiveness and tends to lower productivity.
The participant will learn: (1) productivity and time management techniques, (2) a how-to approach to time management, and (3) how the company/plant atmosphere contributes to effective use of time or promotes time theft.
- Productivity, time, and the supervisor
- Production obstacles and time wasters
- Analyzing and planning time
- Time management guidelines and techniques
- Establishing goals and putting goals on a priority basis
- Sticking to the priorities and organizing the work-day
- Managing time and work habits
- Dealing with procrastination
- Confusing efficiency with effectiveness
- Controlling interruptions
- Handling pressure and avoiding management by crisis
- Gaining control of time
- Exercise: Identification of time management mistakes
Who Should Attend
This seminar is intended for managers, supervisors, supervisory trainees, or team members.