New Training Offerings:
Understanding Japanese Culture
One 4-Hour Session
Effective communication goes beyond the formal study of language to patterns and assumptions that underlie speech. This training is designed to assist Americans who interact with Japanese persons by introducing some of the cultural similarities and differences between Japanese and American communication.
The participant will understand cultural differences in communication patterns between Japanese and Americans.
- Greetings and their underlying cultural assumptions
- The proper form
- Formality and informality
- Human relationships - in and out
- Saving face
- Culture in language - topical examples (e.g., gifts, tea and coffee, eating)
- Telephones and letters
- Nonverbal behavior
- Questions you always wanted to ask
Who Should Attend
This seminar is intended for anyone who shares the workplace with Japanese and interacts with them on a regular basis.