Courses for Team & Employee Development:
One 4-Hour Session
Peer appraisal is not just measurement and evaluation but a process of defining desired performance and creating a system of evaluation and review to support it. This workshop is designed to train team leaders and team members to conduct meaningful performance appraisals that will result in improved team member motivation and performance.
The participant will learn: (1) why appraisals should be done, (2) who should be involved with performance appraisal and review in a team environment, (3) what some common barriers to effective PAR are, (4) what should be evaluated, (5) when and how often Performance Appraisal Review (PAR) should be done, (6) how feedback should be given to team members, and (7) how to diagnose performance problems.
- The appraisal process
- Attitudes toward performance appraisal
- Discussion of problems in appraising performance in teams
- Problems of observing and evaluating performance in teams
- Problems of documenting behavior in teams
- How to analyze performance problems of others
- Giving performance feedback to your peers
- The principles of good performance interviews
- Exercises: giving performance feedback to a peer
Who Should Attend
This seminar is intended for team leaders and team members required to conduct performance evaluations.
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,