CWD: Supervisor Certificate Program
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q. I have an employee who attended Fair Supervisory Practices in 2012. Will he be
required to take this class again to receive the certificate?
- A. Classes completed through the Training Consortium of South Central Kentucky within
the last 24 months may be credited toward program requirements.
- Q. I may have some employees who want to attend some of the classes but not be enrolled
in the certificate program. Is that possible?
- A. Currently, the certificate program is limited to employees who commit for all of
the classes. However, our quarterly schedule will still be available for individual
- Q. If I have an emergency, will I be able to take the class later?
- A. The Board of Directors will review any exceptions and make decisions on an individual
- Q. What are the certificate requirements?
- A. The program requirements are completion of 9 core courses and 6 electives. This
schedule is planned to accommodate a cohort group.
- Q. If I want to enroll 7 employees, are there limits to the number I can send?
- A. Companies are limited to enrolling a maximum of 5 employees during initial enrollment.
If space is available after initial enrollments are completed, companies may enroll
on a "first come, first serve basis."
- Q. How long will it take to complete the certificate program?
- A. The Supervisor Certificate Program is designed to complete in 12 months with one core class and one elective delivered on connecting sessions.
- Q. What is the class size?
- A. Class sizes are limited to a minimum of 15 and a maximum of 22.
- Q. What is the schedule for the classes?
- A. The Supervisor Certificate Program is designed to complete in 12 months with one
core class and one elective delivered on connecting sessions. The schedule dates are posted here.
- Q. If I enroll one of my employees, what are the payment requirements?
- A. Once you enroll an employee, the consortium will invoice the company for the total
cost of the program up front. Additionally, if the program has met all the grant requirements
and your company is grant eligible, approximately 50% of the cost would be reimbursed
at the end of the year.