Overview of the WKU Engineering Ambassadors
The WKU Department of Engineering "Ambassadors" are an elite group of student leaders who represent the Engineering Department and assist in many ways with sharing our Engineering story with prospective students, industries, and other V.I.P.s. They also help with recruitment and retention outreach activities. An Ambassador's job is to help visitors understand that WKU Engineering is the program of choice in Kentucky for a student seeking a high quality, affordable, project-driven engineering education. Membership in this group is selective. Our goal is to select three Ambassadors from each Engineering program to serve for one academic year.
- Represent WKU Engineering at student recruitment and career events both on-and off-campus(transportation to off-campus events provided)
- Participate in new student orientation days (TOP)
- Provide departmental tours to prospective students, their parents, and other campus visitors such as industry tours or school group tours
- Assist with fall and spring Engineering Project Days
- Train other engineering students to promote WKU Engineering in their area high schools
- Assist with Industry Showcases in the fall & spring as needed
- WKU Engineering major and at least a sophomore in your program
- Full-time enrollment as an undergraduate student
- Cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher
- Excellent oral communication skills and poise in dealing with diverse groups of visitors
- Attend a mandatory training session and two meetings per semester with the ambassador supervisor
- Ability to devote approximately 30 hours per semester to this leadership role while maintaining required GPA
- Be willing to make a one year commitment to the Ambassador program. If you cannot fulfill the two semester requirement, you must notify the ambassador supervisor immediately so that a replacement can be found for the following semester.
- $500 scholarship per semester sponsored by our WKU Engineering Industrial Partners
- Ambassador apparel provided & a group photo will be taken & posted on our Engineering website
- Getting acquainted with other students, faculty, and staff
- Gain great leadership skills to add to your resume
How to Apply
- Make sure you meet the requirements for becoming an Ambassador.
- Complete an Ambassador Application before the Application Deadline of April 15th.
- A selection committee will review the applications, and Ambassador selections will be announced by June 1 to begin work for the 2017/2018 school year.
New Ambassadors will be selected in May of each year for the following academic year. Applications are due by April 15th.
Contact Dr. Stacy Wilson at (270) 745-6394 or email@example.com
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,