WKU Engineering Student Scholarship Opportunities
Academic scholarships are awarded through the Office of Student Financial Assistance. A wide variety of scholarships are available including full-tuition scholarships. Click HERE for more information.
Engineering departmental level scholarship guidelines and awards available to eligible engineering students are listed below:
Logan Aluminum Scholarship:
This scholarship is a $1,000 annual scholarship to be awarded to three qualified Electrical or Mechanical Engineering students who live in the ten county BRADD(Barren River Area Development District) area and who have completed their pre-program engineering requirements. Please refer to the guidelines link for more details. Application Deadline is April 15, 2016.
Boyce D. Tate Scholarship Guidelines:
This scholarship is named in honor of Prof. Boyce D. Tate who came to WKU in 1965 to develop the engineering technology programs. One or more recipients will be named the "Boyce D. Tate Scholar" and will receive an award of up to $1,700 for academic year 2016-17. The award is automatically renewable up to a maximum of 5 semesters provided the recipient continues to make progress towards their engineering degree and retains a record of good citizenship. The award amount may vary each year but should not fall below $1,000 annually. You must have completed your pre-program engineering requirements to apply. Application Deadline is April 15, 2016.
Ogden Foundation Scholarships: These awards are $750/semester and are available to incoming Freshman and to returning students. They are renewable with a GPA of 3.2 or higher. The Deadline is Feb. 1st of each year for the following academic year. Click HERE to review the guidelines and the application.
MTD Products, Inc. Freshman Engineering Scholarship:
This scholarship is a $5,000 annual scholarship to eligible FR students pursuing a degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering. If two eligible students are selected, the award will be split evenly and awarded as $1,250 per semester to each student. Students must be high school graduates of schools in Grayson or Breckinridge Counties and admitted to WKU to apply. The award is renewable for up to 3 additional years as long as criteria continue to be met and GPA is maintained at 2.8 or higher. Contact Debra Berry at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Click HERE to view the MTD Products Inc. Scholarship Guidelines
- Click HERE to view the MTD Products Inc. Biography
Other Engineering Scholarships Available to Eligible Students:
- ASHRAE Scholarship Program:This opportunity is available to any engineering student who is interested in the
building services industry & HVAC & Refrigeration. Student must have a minimum cumulative
GPA of 3.0 to be considered. Visit www.ashrae.org/scholarships to view complete eligibility requirements & to view the application. Submission deadline
is Dec. 1st to be considered for the following academic year awards. Deadline for Undergraduate Engr students is Dec. 1 and deadlines for HS Seniors &
Engr Freshman are May 1st.
- Kentucky Transportation Cabinet(KYTC) Scholarship Program: This program began in 1948 and is the oldest of its kind in the United States. It is available to full-time incoming freshman and returning students studying Civil Engineering. The stipend award is valued at $5,000 per semester. Summer internship employment opportunities are also available. The deadline is Feb 1st each year for the following academic year. Click HERE for more information.
- Kentucky Society of Professional Engineers(KSPE) The Kentucky Society of Professional Engineers is offering a $2,500, one-time scholarship to one college student that meets the eligibility requirements.Click HERE to view the application and requirements. Student must have completed 4 semesters in their engineering program and have a min. cum GPA=3.0. The application deadline is March 25, 2016.
- Kentucky Society of Professional Engineers(KSPE): Mammoth Cave Chapter Scholarship This scholarship is available to full time students who are considered an incoming junior or senior within their Engineering program for the fall semester following their application submittal. Preference is given to Engineering students in the Mammoth Cave KSPE area(Allen, Barren, Butler, Edmonson, Grayson, Logan, Metcalfe, Monroe, Simpson, and Warren counties). Up to two recipients will receive $500 annual awards. You must complete an application through the WKU TopDollar Scholarship portal to be considered for this application and submit the required essay to Mr. Jack Wright at email@example.com.You may search for this scholarship on TopDollar to view the essay requirements. The application deadline is April 1.
- IEEE Power & Energy Society 2016 Scholarship:To qualify for this scholarship, you must have a GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale and be working towards a bachelors degree in electrical engineering and be willing to take courses in power and energy engineering. The award amount is $2,000 for the first two years and $3,000 for the third year. Click HERE to visit the IEEE PES scholarship website and to apply. The online application will be available on March 1st and the application deadline is June 30th.
- AES 2016 Engineering Scholarship: This award is sponsored by the consulting firm of AES Engineers. To be eligible the student must answer on of the essay questions on their website and apply HERE. The award amount is $500 and the deadline to apply is October 6, 2016.
- Society of American Military Engineers(S.A.M.E.) Kentuckiana Post 2016 Scholarships: This scholarship is open to all engineering classifications as long as you will have two full semesters of college remaining to complete after May 2016 before you receive your engineering degree. Click HERE to view the requirements and to apply. This is a $4,000 award amount. The app. deadline is Mar. 7, 2016.
- Buick Achievers Scholarship Program. Deadline to apply is Feb. 29th, 2016. This award is available to incoming freshman or to current engineering students. Go to www.buickachievers.com for more information on the scholarship guidelines & to apply. If you currently work as a paid engineering intern at the GM/BG Assembly plant, you will be ineligible to apply.
- Solar Scholarship sponsored by the Solar Action Alliance- This is a $1,000 annual award. The application deadline is July 1. The winner will be notified by August 1st. Student must have a least a 3.2 GPA and be a full time student. Click HERE for complete guidelines for your submission.
Please click on an option below to explore these scholarship opportunities and deadlines:
New WKU Scholarship Portal-TOPDollar- for incoming Freshman and Returning Students- complete one application to generate possible matches for multiple awards
WKU TopDollar Application Deadline for Returning Students is April 1! Click HERE for more Information.
WKU Summer Scholarship Program provides any undergraduate student with a 3.0 GPA or higher with an automatic $395 scholarship as long as they register for at least 6 credit hours for the summer session or $200 for students with a GPA of 2.5-2.99. A few exclusions apply. Click HERE for full details.
WKU Army ROTC Scholarship Information: 4-5 year full scholarship opportunities available to incoming freshman. Click here for more information.
American Society of Civil Engineers(ASCE) Kentucky Section Scholarship: Award is $1,000 annually and is a renewable scholarship. Deadline is April 15. Click here for more information.
SMART(Science, Mathematics & Research for Transformation) is part of the National Defense Education Program- Click here for more information on these full tuition scholarship opportunities with paid summer internships. Must be a full time student enrolled in a regionally accredited US College with a minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale. Application Deadline is Dec.1.
Society of Women Engineers(SWE) Scholarship Program provides financial assistance to women admitted to accredited baccalaureate or graduate programs in preparation for careers in engineering, engineering technology and computer science. Click HERE for more information.
Thermaxx, LLC-$1,000 Award-Application Deadline has passed for 2015. Students majoring in Engineering and interested in the HVAC industry are encouraged to apply. Recipient will be selected by Dec. 31, 2015. Click here for updates on selection: Thermaxx, LLC Scholarship
If you have questions on scholarships available through the Department of Engineering, you may contact Debbie Berry at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 270.745.2574.
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,