Chris Byrne, PhD, PE
- Postdoctoral Fellow, The Johns Hopkins University Department of Materials Science and Engineering
- Ph.D. Materials Science and Engineering, Johns Hopkins University
- M.S. Materials Science and Engineering, Johns Hopkins University
- B.S. Mechanical Engineering, University of New Hampshire
Engineering education in an environment where student development is achieved through coursework and meaningful projects. Scholarship in: innovative materials processing, sustainable synthesis of composites and ceramics, chemical and fuel products from biomass pyrolysis, carbon science, friction and wear, nondestructive testing, failure analysi
27 years within higher education working fundamental research projects, industry challenges, and student development.
Professional Membership & Credentials
- ASME, ASEE, American Carbon Society
- Licensed Professional Engineer in Kentucky
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,