Certification of Applicants and Interview Pools (continued...)
Upon certification of the interview pool and prior to conducting interviews, the search committee should determine:
- The type of screenings (e.g. telephone or Skype) or interviews that will be conducted Generally, telephone or video conferencing screenings may be conducted prior to on campus interviews unless all candidates are local. The type of interview must be conducted in the same manner for all candidates being advanced through the process. For example, if telephone screenings will be used, all candidates being advanced must be given a telephone screen. A standard list of questions should be created to ensure each interviewee is treated equally.
- Specific core-job related questions to be asked of all interviewees.
- Who will lead the discussion/questioning.
- Whether the candidate will be asked to give a presentation in his/her area of expertise. It is strongly recommended that faculty be required to give a presentation or other provide evidence of teaching ability.
- Whether discussion of each candidate will follow the conclusion of the interview or be held until the last interview is completed.
- Who will host the candidate for on campus interviews.
- Who, in addition to the committee members and Hiring Official, will interview the candidate and whether there is specific information the committee seeks from specific audiences (i.e., student reactions to teaching style at a symposium, assessment of an applicant's research records from a Dean).
For any degree(s) required for a position, the Search Committee Chair may request candidates, invited to interview on campus, to bring copies of unofficial transcripts with them and have official transcripts submitted to Academic Affairs for faculty positions and Human Resources for all other positions.
Below are links relevant to the Certification of Applicants and Interview Pools:
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,