Personal statements made by presidents about fundraising:
University presidents have to be increasingly involved in fundraising.
A university president in a recent study
The President’s Role in Fundraising
Fundraising in Challenging Times
It has been brought to our attention that there is great interest in the University Presidents Leadership Series, however several of you have conflicts in your schedules. Due to the extreme importance of the material presented in this series, we want to make sure as many as possibly have the opportunity to attend.
For this reason, we on the planning committee are taking two important steps to make this possible.
- We are opening registration up to not only our university presidents but to college deans as well. The more individuals on your campus who can assist in these initiatives, the better.
- We want to present you with the opportunity to tell us the best time in your calendar to attend this series. Please select from the dates below to let us know what time of the year works best for you.
|August 1 &2||September 19 & 20||November 7 & 8|
Thank you for you assistance in helping us make this important series a success!
Scott Shonk, email@example.com, (270) 745-1936
A recent comprehensive study has shown that fundraising is one of the top three duties of a university president today. Learn how you can be more effective in this important area of university leadership.
This professional development program will address the fundamentals of university fundraising and the president’s role in this process. Professionals in the field of university fundraising and leadership development will review key issues and utilize case studies and real examples.
- An overview of a national study on the president’s role in fundraising will address:
- The key aspects of the president’s responsibilities in fundraising;
- The amount of time a president should devote to fundraising;
- How university presidents should rank and handle fundraising duties;
- The complexity of today’s fundraising challenges and opportunities; and
- The specific components of fundraising and the president’s involvement.
- This professional development program will cover:
- The importance of conducting a development assessment of your fundraising operations;
- Understanding the importance of readiness/feasibility studies;
- Major gifts fundraising and the president’s role;
- Developing plans and strategies that ensure success;
- Working with boards, alumni, donors, and prospects;
- Ensuring that you are developing a successful program; and
- And other key development topics to assist you with a successful program.
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,