Skip to main content
Skip to main content

Student Financial Assistance



A consortium agreement is used for the purpose of cross registration between two schools. If you wish to have your hours from another school added to your WKU hours for the purposes of financial aid awarding please be sure to complete a consortium agreement.

You can only receive financial aid from one college or university each semester.  The Home School, the one from which you are receiving your degree, will award your financial aid.  The Visiting School is the one at which you are taking additional classes.

All students attending two separate colleges or universities must submit a consortium request and have a consortium agreement processed if they wish use their hours at the visiting school for financial aid calculation purposes.  Even if you are a joint admissions student you must still submit a consortium request if you wish to use those hours for financial aid purposes with WKU. 

In order for you to submit a consortium request you must be admitted to WKU as a degree seeking student, have a current FAFSA on file, and if you were selected for verification you must have submitted all required documents.  You must also be in good academic standing for financial aid.  If you need to add WKU to your FAFSA you may do this online at  The school code for WKU is 002002.

Don’t submit your consortium request until you have enrolled in all your classes at your visiting school.  You must be enrolled in WKU hours in order to do a consortium OR you may request all your classes at your visiting school for one semester only in certain situations.  In this case, you would have to submit a Waiver of Enrollment, which is under the Financial Aid menu on TopNet.  However, be advised that not all waivers are approved.  For example, if you request a waiver simply because you can no longer receive financial aid at a community college, your waiver will not be approved.

To request a consortium agreement after you have enrolled fully in all your courses:

*Log into your TopNet and select the FINANCIAL AID TAB.


*Select the term from the drop box that you are requesting the consortium agreement. (Keep in mind that consortium agreements are only open to request during certain times each semester. If you do not see the term you need from the drop box then the consortium office is not yet taking or is already finished processing for that term. In those cases please email for further info about your options)

*Complete the consortium request form with ALL required information including visiting school id, classes you are taking at visiting school, etc. Forms submitted with missing information cannot be processed.

*Once you submit the form check your TopperMail regularly as this is where the consortium office will return your form to you in about 5-7 business days

*Print off the form they send you and take it to your visiting school to have them sign and certify your class enrollment.

*Return the signed form to WKU either via scanning and emailing it to or bringing it in person to your closest WKU campus (Regional campus students may turn in their consortium agreements to each respective campus office).

NOTE:  The University uses your WKU email account for all official email correspondence so be sure to get into the habit of checking that account.

Your refund, if you are due any, is normally sent the week following your financial aid being paid to your WKU account. To view your account summary visit TopNet and select Student Services, then click Student Records and view your account summary by term.

If you need assistance in setting up your HigherOne Refund preference, visit

You are responsible for paying the tuition charges at your visiting school.  There is no school to school payment.

At the end of each semester that you participate in a consortium you must submit an OFFICIAL COPY of your semester grades to the consortium office.  If the grades are sent in error to the Registrar’s Office we will not release the hold on your financial aid account. Sending the transcript to the Registrar’s Office and not the Consortium Office at WKU SFA will cause a delay in your hold clearing, and could create a delay in your following semester financial aid process. After we have reviewed your semester grades for earned hours and GPA we will hand-deliver the official transcript to the Office of the Registrar so they can update your hours and GPA record with WKU so there is no need to pay for two transcripts to be sent.


USEFUL WEB SITES, EMAIL ADDRESSES, and PHONE NUMBERS :  To file your FAFSA : To apply for an FSA ID which you will need to log into all Federal websites, including FAFSA.GOV The FSA ID replaced Federal PIN in 2015. :  Email for consortium questions (be sure to include your WKU student ID). :  To create a Zip Access Account for verification or to view CAP/KEES awards. 

1.855.272.8771:  Phone number to KHEAA Verify for verification assistance. :  Email for billing questions (be sure to include your WKU student ID).

Click here for Consortium Agreement Form on TOPNET

Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.

Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
download excel.

Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
download word.

Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
download powerpoint.

Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,
download quicktime.

 Last Modified 5/9/16