Skip to main content
Skip to main content

Student Financial Assistance

Making Corrections


If information on your SAR is incorrect, incomplete, or missing you will need to make corrections.  You may do this by correcting or adding information to the SAR, signing the SAR (both student and a parent signature is necessary for dependent students),and sending it to address listed on your SAR.

You may also make corrections on the Web. This option will allow you to make all changes except to your social security number.   You may make changes to your application from the website. Choose the "Make FAFSA Corrections" link. You must have an FSA ID in order to access your record. This FSA ID also serves as your signature. A parent signature will be required only when parental data is changed on the application.

Also, you may be asked to supply additional or supplementary information to your financial aid office.  WKU will review an electronic version of your SAR to see if additional or supplementary information is needed.  If additional information is needed, a Missing Information Letter (MIL) will be sent you via email.  If WKU has not email address on file for you, the MIL will be mailed to you.  

Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.

Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
download excel.

Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
download word.

Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
download powerpoint.

Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,
download quicktime.

 Last Modified 5/14/15