Skip to main content
Skip to main content

Student Financial Assistance

FAQs About Maintaining Financial Aid Eligibility

Click on a question below for the answer. Click on the question again to close.


What is the difference between "dropping" and "withdrawing" from a class?
Students may adjust their schedule (add/drop classes) through the 100% tuition refund period.  If you change your schedule during this period, you are adding and/or dropping classes and there is no academic or financial aid penalty. At the end of the refund period each semester, your schedule is locked and you are required to earn a certain minimum of those credit hours, as detailed in the Satisfactory Academic Progress policy. Generally, your semester award will not be adjusted up or down.
How does my academic performance affect my financial aid?
According to federal regulations, students must maintain satisfactory academic progress in order to continue receiving financial aid. Failure to earn certain minimum credit hours and/or grade point averages can cause a student to lose financial aid eligibility. For more information, please read the Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy

Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.

Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
download excel.

Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
download word.

Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
download powerpoint.

Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,
download quicktime.

 Last Modified 9/25/14