High School Completion Status
Students selected for Verification Group 4 or Group 5 must provide one of the following documents that indicate the student's high school completion status when the student will begin college in 2014–2015:
- A copy of the student's high school diploma.
- A copy of the student's final official high school transcript that shows the date when the diploma was awarded.
- A copy of the student's General Educational Development (GED) certificate, an official GED transcript that indicates the student passed the exam, or a state-authorized high school equivalent certificate.
- For students who completed secondary education in a foreign country, a copy of the "secondary school leaving certificate" or other similar document.
- An academic transcript that indicates the student successfully completed at least a two-year program that is acceptable for full credit toward a bachelor's degree.
- For a homeschooled student from a state where state law requires the student to obtain a secondary school completion credential for homeschool (other than a high school diploma or its recognized equivalent), a copy of that credential.
- For a homeschooled student from a state where state law does not require the student to obtain a secondary school completion credential for homeschool (other than a high school diploma or its recognized equivalent), a transcript or the equivalent, signed by the student's parent or guardian, that lists the secondary school courses the student completed and includes a statement that the student successfully completed a secondary school education in a homeschool setting.
A student who is unable to obtain the documentation listed above must contact KHEAA Verification at 855-272-8771. A printable version of this list is available by signing in to www.kheaa.com , choosing "My KHEAA," and selecting "High School Completion Status" from the menu of Blank Forms.