Experience the power of communication across cultures while wintering in sunny Australia.
You will examine how communication patterns are influenced by surrounding cultures and how culture is created and sustained through communication. You will be prepared to effectively adapt and succeed in a contemporary world that is becoming more and more culturally diverse. You will experience the vibrant culture of Australia in a unique collaboration with Deakin University faculty and students.
- 16 Days in Australia
- 3 or 6 credit options
- Exposure to international university setting
- Explore multiple areas of Australia, including Warrnabool, Melbourne, and Geelong
- Unique opportunity to interact with indigenous Australian peoples
- Uncommon access to indigenous communities
- Understand the scope of cultural influence on communication patterns in Victoria, Australia.
- Apply major theories and fundamental concepts of culture and intercultural communication to the real world.
- Develop and successfully use intercultural communication skills.
- Experience living in another culture
- Adapt knowledge learned to further success in your field of study