- Recreation Admin. (Home)
- Rec & Sport M.s. Degree
- School of KRS
- Academic Center for Excellence
- Academic Advising and Retention Center
WKU Information for:
REC 482 - Fly Fishing Montana (3 Credit Hours)
Tuesdays, 3:50-6:00pm (8/26, 9/9, 9/16, 9/23, 10/7, 10/14)
+ Montana Travel Portion:
Sept 30 - Oct 4, 2014
Join us for a fantastic course designed to teach you the fundamentals of fly fishing. Fly fishing is a lifetime leisure pursuit. Treat yourself to some quality instruction to jump start the learning curve.
Please contact Dr. Raymond Poff via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for specific details about this course.
- Acquire an understanding of fly fishing equipment.
- Be able to tie key knots needed for fly fishing.
- Effectively tie common fly patterns.
- Demonstrate proper fly casting techniques.
- Effectively present flies when fishing on flat and moving water.
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of entomology as it relates to fishing.
Important things to know:
- No prior fishing experience is required.
- Fly fishing equipment is provided to use during the course.
- Course includes on-campus and off-campus instruction.
- Yes, we do go fly fishing and students do catch fish.
- Students are responsible for transportation to off-campus locations.
Montana Travel Portion:
Armed with the knowledge and skills gained during our Fall Semester on-campus class sessions, come join us and experience fly fishing on world renowned waters containing 5 species of trout: rainbow, brown, cutthroat, hybrid cutbow, and brook. These waters offer anglers a chance at a "Grand Slam" (catching 4-5 species of trout in one day).
Program cost ($1,495) includes: 3 full days of fly fishing and instruction (float trips with one guide and 2 anglers/boat), use of fly fishing equipment (rod, reel, etc.), terminal tackle (leader, tippet, flies), guide gratuity, 4 nights lodging, lunch & dinner Wednesday-Friday, and Missoula airport hotel shuttle. Transportation to/from Missoula, MT not included in program cost.
Discounted fly fishing equipment packages will also be available for registered participants interested in purchasing some great new fly fishing gear.
WKU REC 482 (3 credit hrs.) Itinerary
Fly Fishing Montana:
Sept 30-Oct 4
Tentative Itinerary for REC 482 Students:
Tuesday - Arrive in Missoula, MT
Wednesday - Full day fly fishing & instruction
Thursday - Full day fly fishing & instruction
Friday - Full day fly fishing & instruction
Saturday - Say goodbye to Montana and head home.