Program Applications & Registration
Contact The Center
1906 College Heights Blvd. #71031
Bowling Green, KY 42101-1031
Partners in Gifted Education
THE ASSOCIATION FOR THE GIFTED (TAG) INVITES YOU TO TAG'S FALL INSTITUTE
National experts in the field of gifted education will explore important issues concerning the education of children with gifts and talents. If you are interested in addressing the cognitive, social, and emotional needs of students from minority or impoverished backgrounds or students who are gifted yet have another exceptionality, then join us in Bowling Green, KY, for a day filled with information, learning, and sharing. From creativity to science, the highly gifted to twice-exceptional learners, topics should appeal to a wide range of participants.
The program for the TAG Fall Institute has not been finalized.
Mrs. Mary Cay Ricci will be leading the morning keynote entitled Mindsets in the Classroom.
Dr. Tarek Grantham will present Creativity and Equity: Re-visioning Gifted Education Policy & Practices for Under-represented Minority Students during the luncheon keynote.
Sample sessions and speakers for the institute include the following:
- Building on Resilience: Models and Frameworks of Success Across the P-20 Pipeline, Dr. Fred Bonner
- Exploring Case Studies for Educators of the Twice Exceptional Gifted, Dr. Cecelia Boswell
- Exceptional Among the Exceptional: Meeting the Needs of Highly Gifted Students, Dr. Lynette Breedlove
- Using the Next Generation Standards with Advanced and Diverse Gifted Learners, Dr. Alicia Cotabish and Dr. Cheryll Adams
- Social and Emotional Nature and Needs of Gifted Students, Dr. Tracy Cross
- Strategies to Enrich Professional Development Sessions for Twice-Exceptional (2e) Learners, Dr. Ken Dickson
- Using Idea-Creation Techniques Across Disciplines to Nurture Creativity in Students, Ms. Yara Farah
- Unlocking the Gifts: Strategies for Children with High-Functioning Autism and Aspergers, Dr. Claire Hughes
- Effective Curriculum for Underserved Gifted Populations: Implications of Research for Practice, Dr. Jennifer Robins and Dr. Kimberly Chandler
Knicely Conference Center
2355 Nashville Road
Bowling Green, KY 42101
8:30am to 3:00pm Central Time
The cost of the Institute was $80 and includes lunch.
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Please contact TAG President Julia Roberts at firstname.lastname@example.org or 270-745-5991.
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,