Dear Graduating Senior or Recent Graduate: If you have a major in physics, chemistry or mathematics, I sincerely invite you to consider GSKyTeach as your next career development experience. GSKyTeach is an innovative program developed jointly between Western Kentucky University (WKU) and the Jefferson County (Louisville, Kentucky) Public Schools that prepares new teachers to create an inquiry learning environment for high school math and science students. Read more...
Benefits of Becoming a GSKyTeach Teacher
- Opportunity to make a difference in the lives of youth that are disadvantaged
- Opportunity to prepare for teaching alongside a cohort of professional peers in an inquiry based teaching and learning program
- Opportunity to learn how to fully engage students through hands on, technology rich, innovative teaching practices
- 18 hours of tuition-free coursework, with an agreement to explore scholarships for highly qualified individuals
- $30,500 and benefits to become prepared to teach in a high-need high school
- Guidance from experienced Master and Mentor Teachers in the development of teaching skills