PARKING at the Hardin Planetarium
The Hardin Planetarium is located on the campus of Western Kentucky University in Bowling Green, KY, at the corner of State Street and College Heights Boulevard. It can be located through online map services by using the address 1501 State Street, Bowling Green, KY 42101.
Individual Public Parking
For the public shows, you might find that parking is available on State Street. There are also WKU parking lots which, after 4:30 p.m. on weekdays and anytime on the weekend, are not monitored for permits.
- The Service One Credit Union lot, uphill of the SkyTeach building and downhill of the Service One Credit Union, on the right as you go up College Heights Blvd.
- College Hill Lot, farther up College Heights Blvd., also on the right.
- the Chestnut Street North Lot, at the corner of Chestnut Street and 14th Avenue, two blocks from the Planetarium.
Groups and buses
Groups coming by bus may request a map for where to unload near the Planetarium and to a suitable location on campus for tour bus parking . Please call ahead of time for the map: 270-745-4044.
Handicapped Parking Areas
There are three handicapped parking areas not far from the building:
- There are two spots in a tiny lot right behind the building to the East. They are at the end of a driveway that starts on State St and runs East between the Planetarium and the Environmental Sciences and Technology Building just to the South. The drive curves around and stops behind the Planetarium. It also loses elevation so, although there are sidewalks all the way to the Planetarium door, it is an uphill climb along the sidewalk that runs beside the driveway.
- The student/staff parking lots up College Heights Blvd, across from the Planetarium, also have handicapped spots, and the sidewalks have handicapped access. Now you would be coming downhill, at least on the journey in. Those parking lots are permit restricted, but only on weekdays and only until 4:30 pm. After that it is free parking.
For a WKU campus map showing the location of the Planetarium, Confucius Institute, Kentucky Museum and bus unloading, loading and parking areas, click here.
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,