- Health & Fitness Lab Home
- Class Descriptions
- Certifications & Workshops
- Contact Us
- Policies & Procedures
ACE Personal Trainer Exam Prep Workshop
This workshop is an 8-week program which meets 1-2 hours a week and is designed to prepare you to for the ACE personal trainer certification exam. If you enjoy exercise and teaching others how to become fit, you could start being paid for it! Click the banner for more information.
- Guidance from experienced personal trainers
- Blended classroom instruction & practical skills
- Discounted text and exam voucher
Cost: $50 plus cost of exam & textbook
Lift Like a Girl
Learn how to navigate the weight room with confidence. In this 3-session clinic for women, you will not only learn how to lift and perform exercises but also how to plan your own workouts. The three sessions are done in 1 hour segments on Sundays and each targets different elements of fitness. Click the banner for more information.
- Small group instruction from a certified personal trainer
- Demonstrations and explanation of important exercises
- Detailed assistance building your own workout plan
Group Functional Training
Join this group and have 3 scheduled workouts a week, dedicated to improving all of the components of health fitness. Improve your total body fitness through exercises that use all of your muscles while performing movements essential to everyday life. Improve your quality of life, athletic performance, or just to blow off stress in a team environment.
- Pre-Assessment of health & physical condition
- Leadership and workouts from a certified fitness professional
- Nutrition coaching from a Registered Dietitian
- Group accountability
Cost: $140 semester OR $75 for 7 weeks
Wing Chun Self-Defense
This martial art style uses your body position, skill and technique in order to fight off potentially larger and stronger opponents. This 8 week class meets on Thursday's from 5:30pm to 7pm and gives you physical training, skill training, and practice to improve your health and personal safety.
- Small group training from an experienced instructor
- New techniques weekly
- Practice time to master new skills
For more information or to sign up, please stop by the Health & Fitness Lab, Preston room 20a or call 270-791-8063.
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,