- Health & Fitness Lab Home
- Class Descriptions
- Certifications & Workshops
- Contact Us
- Policies & Procedures
Power Lifting Workshop
Learn the basics of technique, training and progression of power lifting movements. Master the Bench Press, Deadlift, & Squat with this 5 week program lead by power lifting specialist Derek Brockman. Build strength, improve your body fat %, and improve your health with this program.
- Instruction for the bench press, deadlift, and squat
- Guidance developing individual workouts
- Discounted entry into the WKU Power Lifting Meet
Big Red Rep Off
How many times can you rep it on bench?
Males put your body weight on the bar & females use half of your body weight. Execute a bench press as many times as you can before needing help from a spotter. The winner from the male and female divisions will have their names on a perpetual plaque in the Fitness Center, as well as have their very own commemorative “Rep off Champ” plaque.
Sign up for a time slot in the Fitness Center
March 27th and 30th from 4pm-6pm
Its free. Just go for it!
Group Functional Training
Join this group and have 3 scheduled workouts a week, dedicated to improving all of the components of health fitness. Improve your total body fitness through exercises that use all of your muscles while performing movements essential to everyday life. Improve your quality of life, athletic performance, or just to blow off stress in a team environment.
- Pre-Assessment of health & physical condition
- Leadership and workouts from a certified fitness professional
- Nutrition coaching from a Registered Dietitian
- Group accountability
Cost: $140 semester OR $75 for 7 weeks
ACE Personal Trainer Exam Prep Workshop
This workshop is an 8-week program which meets 1-2 hours a week and is designed to prepare you to for the ACE personal trainer certification exam. If you enjoy exercise and teaching others how to become fit, you could start being paid for it! Click the banner for more information.
- Guidance from experienced personal trainers
- Blended classroom instruction & practical skills
- Discounted text and exam voucher
Cost: $50 plus cost of exam & textbook
Lift Like a Girl
Learn how to navigate the weight room with confidence. In this 3-session clinic for women, you will not only learn how to lift and perform exercises but also how to plan your own workouts. The three sessions are done in 1 hour segments on Sundays and each targets different elements of fitness. Click the banner for more information.
- Small group instruction from a certified personal trainer
- Demonstrations and explanation of important exercises
- Detailed assistance building your own workout plan
Wing Chun Self-Defense
This martial art style uses your body position, skill and technique in order to fight off potentially larger and stronger opponents. This 8 week class meets on Thursday's from 5:30pm to 7pm and gives you physical training, skill training, and practice to improve your health and personal safety.
- Small group training from an experienced instructor
- New techniques weekly
- Practice time to master new skills
For more information or to sign up, please stop by the Health & Fitness Lab, Preston room 20a or call 270-791-8063.
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,