- Walk-in Services
Height & Weight
- Fitness Assessment Services
Basic Fitness Assessment
- Exercise Prescription Services
Weight Training Orientation
Kick Start Program
Total Fitness Package
Fitness Center Orientation
- Personal Training
- Instructional Programs
- Group X
Group Fitness Schedule
Trainings & Certifications
- Massage Services
Deep Tissue Massage
Hot Stone Massage
Hours of Operation:
August 25th- December 12th
Monday - Thursday
1906 College Heights Blvd #11097
Western Kentucky University
Bowling Green, KY 42101
o: (270) 745-6531
BIG RED BENCH OFF
1.All participants must sign an informed consent/waiver.
The event will take place on the following days:
- Walk-ins are welcomed, but are subject to availability. Appointments may be made in the Health and Fitness Lab (room 20A in the Preston Center).
- Participants must be spotted/witnessed by at least one Health & Fitness Lab employee.
- A One Repetition Maximum will be tested. Competitors will be allowed four attempts, (maximum 10 minutes) if needed.
- The winner will then be determined by calculating the load lifted divided by body weight to the 2/3 power.
- Results will be posted for public display, unless requested otherwise.
- All participants must use a closed grip (thumb around bar).
- The lifter must lie on his back with head, shoulders, and butt in contact with the bench surface. This position must be maintained throughout the full attempt.
- Feet must remain flat on the floor at all times.
- Participants must show control of the weight at all times while lowering the bar to touch the chest and back to full elbow extension. (i.e. NO BOUNCING)
- A Health & Fitness Lab employee will judge each lift. If any of the above criteria are not met, the lift is invalid.
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,