- WKUHS Home Page
- Clinical Services
- Meet the Providers
- Allergy Clinic
- Contraceptive Services
- Drug Screening Services
- Health Education & Promotion
- Immunizations & Vaccines
- Lab Testing Services
- Men's Health
- Mental Health Counseling
- Primary Care
- Travel Clinic
- Women's Health
WKU Health Services collects chain-of-custody 5-panel screens (drugs of abuse) and 10-panel screens (drugs of abuse and misuse). Drugs are tested to the cut-off level that the DOT requires. A 10-panel screen + alcohol is also available.
We work very closely with the following campus departments to perform physicals and drug screens for their employees and students:
- Concrete Canoe Team
- Peace Corps
For further information regarding drug screening services please call (270) 745-5641.
Breath Alcohol Technician / DOT Alcohol Testing
If you are planning to work in the transportation industry or are performing tasks defined by the US Department of Transportation (DOT) as safety-sensitive, such as working on pipelines, driving a truck, operating a ferry, steering a train or repairing an airplane you may be subject to DOT workplace drug and alcohol testing. WKUHS can also serve as a collection site for drug testing.
To learn more about drug and alcohol testing visit the following sites:
- Drugs and Human Performance Fact Sheet. National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA)
- Driving While You Are Taking Medications. National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA)
- Common Drugs of Abuse. National Institute for Drug Abuse (NIDA)
- Substance Abuse. Substance Abuse and Mental Health Administration (SAMHSA)
- Drug Facts. Office of National Drug Policy Control (ONDCP)
- Prevention On-line. National Clearinghouse for Alcohol and Drug Information (NCADI)
For more detailed information read your workplace drug and alcohol policies and procedures. To read the U.S. Department of Transportation Office of Drug & Alcohol Policy & Compliance click here.
When will I be tested?
Safety-sensitive employees are subject to drug or alcohol testing in the following situations:
- Reasonable Suspicion/Cause.
Dr. Patricia Blewett, MD is a certified Medical Reviewer Officer (MRO). She will conduct and oversee all Breath Alcohol Technician Testing/DOT Alcohol Testing. Other clinical staff members have been trained to assist with the laboratory collection and testing.
WKU Drug & Alcohol Abuse Prevention Policy & Resources - click here for information
For additional information about these services call (270) 745-5641 and a WKUHS staff member will gladly assist you.