Doctoral Internships in Health Service Psychology 2016-2017
UNFORTUNATELY, THE WKU CTC IS NOT ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR THE DOCTORAL INTERNSHIP PROGRAM FOR THE UPCOMING 2016-2017 ACADEMIC YEAR.
Stipend and Benefits
The stipend for the internship placement is $22,500. Benefits include health insurance, accrual of one vacation and one sick day per month (24 total days), access to the campus libraries and document delivery service, and private office with computer. Accrued leave are to be used for vacation time, sick time, days of professional release, conferences, or job search related activities.
QUALIFICATION OF CANDIDATES
MINIMAL ELIGIBILITY AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Applicants must complete all formal requirements towards Ph.D. or PsyD. candidacy in Counseling or Clinical Psychology, including:
- All course work necessary for the title of doctoral candidate including comprehensive exams
- Acceptance of dissertation proposal by dissertation committee no later than the APPIC ranking date
- Clinical experience with college student population strongly preferred
- A minimum of 550 Doctoral Intervention Hours in direct clinical service as defined by APPIC criteria
- A minimum of 300 direct therapy hours with adults and adolescents
- Hours must be accumulated no later than the APPIC ranking date.
- Applicants selected for review must be from a regionally accredited university with preference given to those from APA or CPA accredited doctoral programs.
APPIC Program Code: 222611
Refer to the APPIC website for more details and complete application instructions for applying online. All application materials listed below are uploaded via the APPIC applicant portal. WE DO NOT ACCEPT ANY PAPER MATERIALS. Interested candidates should submit:
- Completed AAPI online
- Cover letter
- Current curriculum vitae
- Official graduate transcript(s)
- Three letters of recommendation, with at least two from clinical supervisors who will speak directly about the quality of your clinical work and your engagement in clinical supervision.*
Application Instructions Specific to WKU Counseling and Testing Center
The CTC requests all of the aforementioned information for the purpose of processing applications for internship. This information is kept confidential and is not provided to anyone without the applicant's prior written consent. Responses to all items are required to have any application considered complete. Failure to complete any items will mean the application is not complete and it will not be considered by the Internship Selection Team.
INTERN SELECTION PROCESS
- Completed applications arriving by the deadline are carefully reviewed for degree of fit with our internship program. Applicants being given serious consideration are contacted in mid-December to schedule an early January Interview.
- Intern selection is based on a combination of the following factors:
- Degree of fit between applicant's stated goals for training with the CTC's training mission/goals/philosophy
- Fulfillment of minimum eligibility and qualifications for candidates
- Degree of support for candidate qualifications and fit with internship training program from recommendation letters
- Demonstrated clinical acumen based on the interview
- Previous university counseling center experience
- Knowledge of the research and theoretical underpinnings of counseling center practices
- Demonstrated sensitivity during interview to the unique needs of multicultural populations.
DIRECT ALL APPLICATION MATERIALS AND QUESTIONS TO:
Debra Crisp, Ph.D.
(270) 745-3159 or Ctctraining@wku.edu
Application materials should be uploaded no later than end of business on November 20, 2015.
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,