Honors credit is traditionally earned through completing stand-alone Honors courses. Such courses may include:
- Honors General Education courses (i.e. Honors English 200 or Honors Biology 120)
- Honors courses in your major or minor
- Honors electives
- Honors Colloquia (HON 251, HON 300, HON 301)
- Honors University Experience (HON 175)
- Honors Internship (HON 275)
- Honors Research or Thesis (HON 303, HON 402, HON 403, HON 404)
Honors credit may also be earned through:
Augmentation is a contract between you and your professor to earn Honors credit from a non-Honors upper-division course in your major or minor. The augmentation form must be completed and turned in before the deadline set every semester.
Honors Enriched Embedded Courses (HEECs)
A HEEC is a small Honors section of an upper-division course that meets at the same time as the non-Honors section but has additional opportunities and responsibilities.
Honors credit can be received after a semester or year abroad using the study abroad credit form.
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,