Honors Housing for Freshmen
The Honors College is proud to have the largest residential Honors community in Kentucky with three residence halls and more than 700 beds.
Incoming Honors freshmen may live in Minton Hall. Minton houses males and females separated by floor with single-gender community bathrooms on each floor. Minton features:
- A study room
- Laundry facilities
- Movable furniture in each room
- Air conditioning
- Vending machines
- 24-hour security with locked entrances/exits and full-time front desk staffing
- The famous Minton lobby where all the fun, community-building activities and experiences occur
Incoming freshmen can apply for housing one of two ways.
- Housing and Residence Life provides a PDF version of the Housing agreement that must be filled out and mailed
back to WKU along with your housing deposit. Please write in "Minton Hall" as your
first choice if you complete the paper copy. Be sure to choose a second residence
hall as well; living in Honors housing is not required, nor is it guaranteed
- The Housing agreement can also be completed via TopNet, the WKU student services website. Visit TopNet, and log in using your WKU ID or Net ID and proceed to the "My Housing" section found under "Student Services" to complete the application. Select "Minton Hall" as your first choice. You can pay your housing deposit via credit card or mail a check as indicated in the directions.
Remember, housing is assigned in the order that applications are received. Secure your place in line for Minton Hall early!
Please visit Housing and Residence Life for information regarding housing policies and rates. Contact the Honors College at WKU at email@example.com or at 270-745-2081 with further questions.