All Residence Halls Close on Sunday, May 15, 2016 at 10:00 am
Step 1: Before Finals Week - Sign Up
Sign the checkout sheet to schedule the approximate date and time you will be ready to have your room checked by your RA.
If your RA is unavailable at the time you need to leave, sign up with another staff member.
Step 2: Prepare Your Room for Check-Out
- Remove all trash from your room. Take large items to designated dumpster near your hall. Do not leave trash in the building. Clean out the trash can.
- Remove ALL of your personal belongings from your room.
- Unbunk your beds and return your furniture to the original arrangement. Bunking pins need to be returned to the front desk.
- Sweep your room. Mop the floor if necessary. Brooms and mops are available for checkout at the front desk.
- Close and lock windows.
- Set the thermostat to 75 degrees and the fan on auto -or - halfway between red and blue, fan on medium - depending on what kind of thermostat is in your room.
- Turn off lights.
Pro tip: Don't get stuck with a mess! Unplug your fridge in enough time to let it defrost before taking it home.
Step 3: Check-Out with a Staff Member
Officially check-out with your RA by completing all of the paperwork and turning in the key to your RA. You must sign your paperwork to be officially checked out of the hall. You must turn in your key at the time of check-out to avoid and additional charge.
For Rodes Harlin Hall Residents:
Rodes Harlin is the Summer School Hall. The housekeeping staff will be cleaning empty rooms, bathrooms, hallways, etc. on Friday and Saturday (May 13-14) in preparation for Summer Hall check-in. The elevators will be in constant use, and the building will be crowded. If you are not pre-registered for Summer School and you do not need to stay until Sunday, check out by Friday, May 13 to avoid the crowd.
For Those Checking into Summer Housing:
If you are moving directly into your summer residence hall room from your current assignment, you must be pre-registered at 18 Southwest Hall in the Housing & Residence Life office prior to Friday, May 13, 2016. For more information, please see your Resident Assistant or your Hall Director. You can also learn more on the Summer Housing Website.
If you are moving into the summer hall on another date later in the summer, no pre-registration is required.
Questions? Contact your RA or Residence Hall Director
Have a Great Summer!
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,