Job Opening: Medical Accounts Associate
|Author: Terri F.|
Date: Wednesday, March 14th, 2012
|Return to Archive|
WESTERN KENTUCKY UNIVERSITY
DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH SERVICES
MEDICAL ACCOUNTS ASSOCIATE
Western Kentucky University, Health Services, is seeking applicants for a full-time Medical Accounts Associate.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
The following duties are customary for this position, but are not to be construed as all-inclusive. Duties may be added, deleted and assigned based on management discretion and institutional needs.
- Serves in the capacity of main phone operator for the department, triages calls and directs them to the appropriate person/department
- Schedules appointments and maintains the daily schedule and provides follow up for missed/bumped appointments
- Confirms future scheduled appointments as well as verifies insurance
- Accepts patient insurance cards, registers patients, collects co-pay, and files claims for patients as needed
- Speaks with parents and students at orientations to discuss the services offered by WKU Health Services
- Assists in preparing for AAAHC Accreditation
- Associates Degree required
- Experience in a fast paced Medical Practice
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Exemplary interpersonal/customer skills
- Good math and accounting skills
- Complete understanding of MS Office Systems
- Good understanding of medical terminology
Salary Grade: 105
Applications for employment will be accepted electronically only. In addition to the online application interested candidates must submit a cover letter, a current resume along with names, addresses, and daytime phone numbers of three professional references using the online application process. Please refer to the following website to apply: http://asaweb.wku.edu/sjobs. For further assistance call (270) 745-5934. Reference requisition number S3210. To ensure full consideration submit application materials by March 28th, 2012. Position will remain open until filled.
Western Kentucky University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, religion, or marital status in admission to career and technical education programs and/or activities, or employment practices in accordance with Title VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Revised 1992, and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
Persons with disabilities, who need reasonable accommodations to participate in the application and/or selection process, should notify The Office of Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/University ADA Services at (270) 745- 5121, a minimum of five working days in advance.
Saturday Aug 28th and Sunday Aug 29th
2016-17 Academic Year
Bowling Green Shuttle
How does one ditch a dependence on soda? Here are five tips for kicking your soda habit for good.
Are artificial sweeteners used in soft drinks and foods safe? Will they make us fat? How much is too much? Science doesn't have all the answers yet, but researchers have some clues.
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,