Football Season Is Here! (Click here for more)
|Date: Thursday, August 30th, 2012||Return to Archive|
The football season has begun! Saturday, September 1, 2012 will be the season’s opener when the WKU Hilltoppers host Austin Peay.
Kick-off is at 6:00 p.m. with tailgating festivities beginning at 11:30 a.m. For a detailed tailgating map, please click here.
Several parking lots will be reserved for event parking. These lots will close Friday evening at 10:00 p.m. and must be cleared by 7:00 a.m. Saturday morning:
- All parking lots surrounding Diddle Arena
- Parking spaces along Avenue of Champions down to University Blvd.
- South Lawn
- Parking Structure 2 (PS2)
- Schneider Hall
- Jones Jaggers Lot
- Back portion of Creason Lot
- Gated Regents Lot
- McCormack Lot
In addition, roads will close prior to the game and post-game event traffic will be controlled by police officers at key intersections. Road closings will begin 6 1/2 hours prior to kick-off and last throughout the event.
- College Heights Blvd. will be closed between Colonnade Drive and University Blvd. Access will be restricted to HAF permit holders, tailgating season pass holders, and tailgating day parking customers.
- Avenue of Champions will be closed at College Heights Blvd. Access will be restricted to HAF permit holders.
- Post-event traffic will be controlled at PS1, PS2, University Blvd., and Russellville Road.
To see a map of the reserved parking lots and road closings, click here.
As we implement the event parking and traffic control plan, your cooperation is appreciated.
WKU football takes on UAB at home on Saturday, October 4, 2014.
Thursday, October 2nd - Sunday, October 5th
Commuter Permit Holders ONLY
How does one ditch a dependence on soda? Here are five tips for kicking your soda habit for good.
Are artificial sweeteners used in soft drinks and foods safe? Will they make us fat? How much is too much? Science doesn't have all the answers yet, but researchers have some clues.
Speed Limit Reduced on Normal and State Streets
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,