Teach Your Child Healthy Eating Habits
|Author: Shelly Nolloth|
Date: Thursday, June 9th, 2011
|Return to Archive|
The American Academy of Family Physicians suggests how parents should teach kids about healthy eating:
- Feed your child a healthy, nutritious and balanced diet, including lots of fruits, vegetables and whole grains. Be sure to include an appropriate number of calories, based on the child's age.
- Limit sugary drinks to no more than one serving per day. Encourage your children to drink water.
- Make healthy eating a family habit. Eat meals together at the table, and turn off the TV at meal time.
- Don't push your children to eat when not hungry or to finish all the food on the plate; let your children eat slowly and stop eating when they start to feel full.
- Offer your children rewards other than food.
- Limit fast-food meals.
May 27th - May 31st
Parking and Transit Service May 13 to May 31
Map and Tentative Schedule
New Yellow Line
New Purple Line Transit Service
Big discounts offered to Students, Faculty, and Staff. Visit www.InShuttle.com/wku to make your reservations! Click the headline above for more information.