5 Ways to Destress Right Now
|Author: Shelly Nolloth|
Date: Wednesday, June 29th, 2011
|Return to Archive|
1. Stare up at the ceiling and count down from 60:
Gazing upward stimulates the parasympathetic nervous system, which lowers blood pressure and slows the pace of the breath. Slow, deliberate counting will also help rid your mind of distractions.
2. Write down your worries in a notebook, then set it aside for tomorrow:
Putting your problems down on paper-and knowing that they're there for you to work through later-may help take your mind off of them while you're trying to rest.
3. Breathe in through your nose and out through your mouth 10 times:
Deep breathing slows the heart rate and calms the body. Focusing on your stomach rising and falling, and your breath flowing in and out, will help you concentrate on your body, instead of outside distractions.
4. Imagine floating on a cloud, and what you would see passing by:
Guided imagery is a powerful meditation tool that can give you a temporary escape from everyday worries and stresses. Invite all your senses to participate: Imagine what you see, hear, and smell in this peaceful place.
5. Slowly tense and relax your muscles, from your head down to your toes:http://www.foxnews.com/health/2011/06/27/5-ways-to-destress-right-now/
Continue using your current permit until 8/15/14.
July 29th - Aug 4th
July 28th - Aug 1st
How does one ditch a dependence on soda? Here are five tips for kicking your soda habit for good.
Are artificial sweeteners used in soft drinks and foods safe? Will they make us fat? How much is too much? Science doesn't have all the answers yet, but researchers have some clues.
Speed Limit Reduced on Normal and State Streets