Institute for Citizenship & Social Responsibility
1906 College Heights Blvd #71084
Bowling Green, KY 42101
Give to ICSR
Faculty Reading Group
Each semester, the ICSR invites faculty from across the disciplines to participate in a faculty reading group discussion. The group meets approximately three times per semester with refreshments provided. Last semester, the ICSR, in partnership with the Society for Values in Higher Education (SVHE), selected David Graeber's Debt: The First 5,000 Years as the text. This semester, again with SVHE, the group is reading the new book by Tavis Smiley and Cornel West, The Rich and the Rest of Us.
- Isabel Wilkerson's The Warmth of Other Suns: The Epic Story of America's Greatest Migration
- Christopher Newfield's Unmaking the Public University: The Forty-Year Assault on the Middle Class
- Mark C. Taylor's Crisis on Campus: A Bold Plan for Reforming Our Colleges and Universities
- Martha Nussbaum's Not for Profit: Why Democracy Needs the Humanities
- Eddie S. Glaude's In a Shade of Blue: Pragmatism and the Politics of Black America
- Nicholas Wapshott's Keynes/Hayek: The Clash that Defined Modern Economics
Should you have a book suggestion for the reading group, contact Dr. Eric Bain-Selbo.