Center for Citizenship & Social Justice
1906 College Heights Blvd #71084
Bowling Green, KY 42101
Tate Page Hall 110
Give to CCSJ
Faculty Reading Group
Each semester, the ICSR invites faculty from across the disciplines to participate in a faculty reading group discussion. The group meets approximately three times per semester with refreshments provided. This year the book is The Outrage Industry: Political Opinion Media and the New Incivility by Jeffrey Berry and Sarah Sobieraj.
- Thomas Piketty, Capital in the Twenty-First Century
- Michelle Alexander, The New Jim Crow
- David Graeber's Debt: The First 5,000 Years as the text
- Tavis Smiley and Cornel West, The Rich and the Rest of Us
- Isabel Wilkerson's The Warmth of Other Suns: The Epic Story of America's Greatest Migration
- Christopher Newfield's Unmaking the Public University: The Forty-Year Assault on the Middle Class
- Mark C. Taylor's Crisis on Campus: A Bold Plan for Reforming Our Colleges and Universities
- Martha Nussbaum's Not for Profit: Why Democracy Needs the Humanities
- Eddie S. Glaude's In a Shade of Blue: Pragmatism and the Politics of Black America
- Nicholas Wapshott's Keynes/Hayek: The Clash that Defined Modern Economics
Should you have a book suggestion for the reading group, contact Dr. Eric Bain-Selbo.
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,