Primary Duties and Responsibilities
• Oversee supervision of all Preston Center operations. Conduct complete facility inspections and report maintenance requests.
• Morning and weekend supervision may be required additionally.
• Direct supervision of student facility staff, including Control Desk Attendants, Fitness Center Attendants, Lifeguards, and Outdoor Recreation Adventure Center Attendants.
• Oversight of CSI Facility Management Software program functionality
• Assist with training and development of student facility staff, including monthly in-services.
• Ensure safe atmosphere in facility by enforcing facility and departmental policies and procedures and taking a proactive approach to risk management.
• Assist with preparation, administration, and evaluation of facility special events.
• Monitor surveillance system and check all perimeter, office, mechanical, and storage room doors.
• Act as a First Responder in the event of a facility emergency by activating facility emergency action plan and working with WKU PD.
• Provide quality customer service to all users of the facility.
• Conduct tours of the facility to guests of the university as needed.
• Provide accurate program, construction and renovation, services and membership information to staff and patrons.
Minimum Training and Experience Required
• Minimum of one full semester of employment with the Department of Intramural-Recreational Sports.
• American Red Cross AED, CPR-Pro, and First Aid certifications
• Must be in good academic standing at the University and meet all eligibility requirements for Student Employment
• Experience with Microsoft Office programs
The duties and responsibilities of this position must be performed in a competent manner following general standards for responsibility, accountability, teamwork and customer service expected at the Student Facility Supervisor level.