The WKU Portal is a versatile, easy-to-use, and very customizable. Layout
customization gives you the ability to change what is shown on certain
sections by adding, removing, or replacing frames that you do or do not
need. By simply clicking a few buttons, your WKU Portal interface will
have a more “you” feel, increasing productivity while decreasing
confusion and hassle unlike other portals.
Customizing the Layout
- Log in to the Portal and click the link in the upper left corner labeled Content/Layout.
- The page is divided into sections. Each tab at the top shows what section you are trying to edit. You will be able to move the tabs to the left or right depending on which is more
comfortable for you.
- There will be boxes with arrows within them. These are called Channels. Arrows
that are not grayed out mean the channel is moveable in that direction.
Move your channel to where you would like it to be. When you are
finished, click the back to link in the upper left corner.
- Click the Add New Tab button.
- When a new frame opens at the top, enter the name, type, and position of the tab.
- Click Submit.
- Click the Add Column button. A new frame will open at the top.
- There is a section under Manage Content/Layout where you can modify the column widths. Click Select Column, which is located in each column where you will be able to modify the columns. If you wish to do so, click Save Widths when you are finished. You also have the option to delete that column if you decide to.
- See the Adding Channels section to add channels to your new column.