Knicely Conference Center
Please let us know if you have any special needs or concerns and we will make every
effort to accommodate you.
- The Conference Center strictly prohibits groups entering the building with alcoholic
beverages. A complete beverage service including a variety of alcoholic beverages
- Groups canceling less than six weeks prior to the scheduled event will be assessed
a 25% fee. Groups canceling less than four weeks prior to the scheduled event will
be assessed a 50% fee. Groups canceling less than two weeks prior to the scheduled
event will be charged the total fee including any scheduled catering needs.
- Computer Lab
- Room fee includes the use of 24 personal computers, one instructor computer, one laser
printer, and two monitors. A lab set up fee of $75 per hour will apply if additional
software must be installed. All software must be approved and installed by the Conference
- Deposit for Weddings
- A deposit is required to confirm the date of the wedding event - this equals to the
room rental price. We also require payment in full for the event three days prior
to the event.
- Dining Rooms
- The Conference Center will provide dining rooms when available. To ensure availability,
a dining room can be reserved with a $50 fee.
- The Conference Center strictly prohibits carrying or using guns on the premise.
- Food and Beverages
- The Knicely Conference Center is proud of our food and beverage offerings. In order
to assure quality at our facility, we require that you use the Conference Center’s
food provider. Menus must be confirmed no later than 10 business days prior to the
event. All menu changes must be made 72 hours prior to the event. Confirmation concerning
numbers for meals must be made prior to 72 hours of the event to assure proper quantities
are available. All food and beverages are subject to a set up fee of 20% of the food
and beverage charges. Meals and receptions, which are not in conjunction with a scheduled
meeting, will be charged the hourly room rental.
- Western Kentucky University reserves the right to move groups based on size of group
and availability of rooms.
- Tobacco Products
- The Knicely Conference Center is a tobacco–free facility. A covered smoking area is
provided outside the Center.
- A down link fee of $25 per event will be assessed for teleconferences in addition
to the applicable room rental fee.
- All food and beverage needs as well as audio/visual needs are required to be provided
through the Conference Center and it’s vendors. Any violation of this policy can result
in penalties and ultimately refusal of services.
- Do not tape or tack anything to the walls, ceilings or floor without the permission
of the conference center staff. Flip charts and other audio/visual items are available.