Who are Global Leadership Scholars?
The Global Leadership Scholars Program is designed to prepare students for global leadership roles in their chose fields by offering them the opportunity to develop international and interdisciplinary leadership skills focused around specific emergent global issues.
What are the Program Guidelines and Activities?
The Global Leadership Scholars program provides support for students who want to focus their studies on leadership in a particular academic area and in a specific international location.
The program advisors will work with students to help them focus their interests in an international site. The advisors will also assist in locating appropriate programs or study abroad activities in which they can reach their goals of incorporating leadership study with their chosen academic area.
Scholars will have support for studying in an international site twice during the program and for focusing their study on the leadership in their academic area with the culture of the specific country.
What are the objectives of the Program?
- To develop a student's leadership skills in a global context
- To support and develop interdisciplinary understanding of, and propose solutions to, urgent global issues
- To establish an international collaboration on specific topics for scholarship
- To connect Global Leadership Scholars students to repeatable international learning experiences that combine leadership with specific academic related projects or activities
- To share student learning with other classes and groups on campus
- To provide varied opportunities for student and faculty engagement which interrelate leadership and academic professional topics.
Funding for the Global Leadership Scholarship is generously supported by:
Dan Pelino, WKU Alumnus
(Honoring Earl Fisher)
Are you interested?
Students interested in leadership and an academic area are encouraged to apply for this program!
If you are interested, please contact: