About the Center for Leadership Excellence
As business culture becomes more global, more sophisticated, and more competitive, the need for insightful and innovative leadership strategies is more important than ever. The Center for Leadership Excellence in the Gordon Ford College of Business at WKU is committed to providing a world-class center for leadership development practices and research information.
The Center will move beyond the methods and styles (the what) used by leadership in the past and the present to the reasons behind those successful strategies (the why) and identifies contexts and circumstances in which strategies can be most successful.
The Center for Leadership Excellence (CLE) serves as a resource that advances the understanding and applications of leadership in contemporary society.
An active and vibrant community that develops, enhances, promotes, and advances leadership adapted to diverse contexts.
- To serve as a preferred resource and depository for leadership information and application.
- To work collaboratively across WKU, with other universities, and with external organizations.
- To provide outreach for leadership and followership development.
- To evaluate results of leadership action and recommend continued development of strong, positive, and diverse leadership behaviors.
- To cultivate networks of mutually interested and involved parties through leadership activities.
- Support external/internal constituents
- Provide professional development
- Maintain a university-wide, interdisciplinary focus and area of work
- Promote leader-follower relationships.
Dr. Cecile Garmon brings a distinguished career of leadership at WKU to her position within the Center for Leadership Excellence. Along with her role as a communication professor, she also has served in several areas of administration. Her research interests include the impact of culture on communication, the role of culture in leadership communication, and leadership behaviors in Africa and Latin America.
Dr. Thrasher has published research in Omega, Communications of the AIS, The Encyclopedia of Healthcare Information Systems, and the proceedings of regional and national conferences. She is a member of various professional organizations and has presented at both regional and national conferences. In addition, Dr. Thrasher serves as a reviewer for several conferences, journals, and textbook publishers, and has also served on the advisory board for a book on cyber security.
Contact the Center
Office: Grise Hall 128
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,